[Pdx-pm] Michael Schwern and Brian Ingerson

Curtis Poe cp at onsitetech.com
Tue Jul 30 11:16:28 CDT 2002

Michael Schwern and Brian Ingerson will be in town tomorrow night and while
this is a bit of short notice for a technical meeting, a social meeting
would be great.  My suggestion is the Lucky Lab, http://www.luckylab.com/,
for which you can find directions at http://www.luckylab.com/lab_trans.html.
They're at 915 SE Hawthorne Blvd, so they should be easy for most of us to
get to.

If you haven't heard of them, Michael Schwern, a 2002 nominee for the
ActiveState Active Awards
(http://www.activestate.com/Corporate/Awards/ActiveAwards.html?_x=1) is well
known for his contributions to Perl's automated testing modules and culture.

At Perl Conference 5, Brian Ingerson, shared with Neil Watkiss an award for
Best Module.  This module, of course, was Inline, and is one of the coolest
toys you can lay your hands on, assuming that you happen to know another
language that you can embed in Perl.

Interesting coincidence:  my current pet project would have been much more
difficult without the Test::More module that Michael Schwern wrote, and I
need to convert parts of it to C using Inline::C, which Brian Ingerson
wrote.

If anyone else would like to come, feel free.  We'll be there around 6:00
pm.

--
Cheers,
Curtis Poe

Taking e-Business and Internet Technology To The Extreme!