[PBP-pm] Reviewing PBP recommended modules?

Damian Conway damian at conway.org
Wed Nov 23 23:57:06 PST 2005

> Damian, do you already have plans for the PBP namespace on CPAN?

No. I agree with the other posters who thought the modules were better placed
in their "native" namespaces.

I would like to see a mechanism that allowed people to judge how compliant
modules were. But perhaps that mechanism is just Test::Perl::Critic (a module
I greatly admire!)

 > Would you welcome a constructive review of the PBP modules?

Sure. I *always* welcome constructive feedback. Patches even more! ;-)

But don't expect them to meet my own guidelines in all cases. Remember that I
say that one should depart from those suggestions only after careful
consideration. The modules I created are about changing the Perl language
rather than solving a given problem, so I often needed to depart from Best
Practice in order to get the "internals" to work.

Damian