[PBP-pm] Reviewing PBP recommended modules?

Matthew Simon Cavalletto simonm at cavalletto.org
Tue Nov 22 06:39:05 PST 2005

On Nov 22, 2005, at 9:09 AM, C. Garrett Goebel wrote:

> My goals in doing this would be:
> o  learn from existing code
> o  refactor internals to bring roughly into line with PBP
>    submitting doc and code patches to maintainers

This all sounds very helpful...

> o  refactor interfaces where needed and submit to CPAN under PBP::*

... except for this part.

I would urge you to consider posting these modules into the
namespaces that make sense based on what the modules do, rather than
grouping them together based on an aspect of their implementation.

For example, if you rewrite a command-line options parser, it would
be better to file it under Getopt::*, where people looking for an
options parser are more likely to find it, rather than PBP::CmdLine,
where only people who know there's a PBP implementation are likely to
look.

Just my $0.02...

-Simon