[PBP-pm] Reviewing PBP recommended modules?

C. Garrett Goebel ggoebel at goebel.ws
Tue Nov 22 06:09:13 PST 2005

Would people be interested in a PBP code review of existing modules?

I intend to start with the modules that were created for PBP. Then
move on to the CPAN and Core modules recommended in the book.

My goals in doing this would be:
o  learn from existing code
o  refactor internals to bring roughly into line with PBP
   submitting doc and code patches to maintainers
o  refactor interfaces where needed and submit to CPAN under PBP::*
o  port to Perl6 (pugs)

Damian, do you already have plans for the PBP namespace on CPAN? Any
suggestions on a more appropriate namespace? Would you welcome a
constructive review of the PBP modules?

Note: I expect to have a significant amount of time to dedicate to this
task in the upcoming year: the better part of January and at least 2 days
a week from there on out.

cheers,

Garrett