[Ottawa-pm] Recommendations for where to buy a new machine?

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Sun Sep 11 06:28:54 PDT 2011

On 11-09-08 12:45 PM, Raj wrote:
> I've had good luck with HP refurbs from FS.  However, I'd keep the
> windows install in a small partition - probably restore from the
> recovery partition and update once in a while - but shrink it down and
> use the rest of the disk for a real OS.  Its far easier to get support
> from FS / HP if you can boot into windows and pretend its your main OS.

	Thanks for all the recommendations.  At the end, I went with RB
Computing (http://www.shoprbc.com). The price wasn't rock-bottom, but it
was more than fair, and I got good service when I dealt with them in the
past. Plus, they are a stone throw away from my place.

	Anyway. Can't talk for long. My download of Natty Narwhal is done, and
I should burn that baby on a CD and begin the install on my new toy... ;-)

Joy,
`/anick