[Omaha.pm] Intermittent Perl error...

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sat Oct 30 13:29:21 PDT 2010

> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 12:39, Jay Hannah <jhannah at mutationgrid.com>wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2010, at 11:43 AM, Dan Linder wrote:
> > So, nothing much there that I can see, especially considering this exact
> same code on the same server will work fine for weeks, then give the
> "Undefined subroutine" error for a few minutes in a row, then continue to
work.

> You've said Apache, but I don't think you've said anything else about how
this
> is deployed. Is it just a "cgi-script" Apache directive (vanilla CGI)? or
> mod_perl? fastcgi? other?
>
> Linux, right?

Sorry, meant to include that.

It's a vanilla CGI on a Solaris 10 (Sparc) box.

My engineer said that he might have been using the "wrong link" -- I won't
know exactly what he meant until I work with him next week.  (Either way,
the script shouldn't be dying with that error since the code isn't
changing...)

If we're still stumped, I'm hoping to enlist a co-worker who has experience
with Dtrace so we may go that route.  I'm hoping we can log memory, swap, or
process related errors.

Thanks,
Dan

--