[Omaha.pm] Intermittent Perl error...

Jay Hannah jhannah at mutationgrid.com
Sun Oct 31 06:00:06 PDT 2010

On Oct 30, 2010, at 3:29 PM, Dan Linder wrote:
> It's a vanilla CGI on a Solaris 10 (Sparc) box.

Huh. Ya, with vanilla CGI (all Perl re-interpretted from scratch on every single web hit) I don't know how that error is possible if the source code isn't changing.   :(

> If we're still stumped, I'm hoping to enlist a co-worker who has experience with Dtrace so we may go that route.  I'm hoping we can log memory, swap, or process related errors.

If it's only happening every few weeks graphing out your long term system trends (memory, process count, etc.) might show a correlation?  http://www.cacti.net/

Make sure to tell us what you figure out.   :)

HTH,

Jay Hannah
Software Architect
jhannah at mutationgrid.com | http://mutationgrid.com | 1-402-598-7782