[Omaha.pm] Catalyst

Sterling Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Wed Oct 21 12:00:52 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Todd Christopher Hamilton <
netarttodd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Question:
> 2. What template module do you use the View?

I'm a fan of Template::Declare. You can try it via
Catalyst::View::Template::Declare by Jonathan Rockway. I've also used
Template::Toolkit and HTML::Mason as well.

> 3. Do you use any javascript stuff as well?  I use Dojo and wondering if
>  they can have a complimentary relationship.

I tend to prefer jQuery and friends, but Dojo should work fine. Integration
of your templates with your JavaScript library is mostly up to you, but is
pretty simple to manage. There are some tools for sending back JSON or XML.
I've not used it, but I'd look at Miyagawa's Catalyst::View::JSON. I have
used Doran's Catalyst::Action::REST module, which takes some setup, but
works well if you want a more flexible REST API and supports JSON, XML, and
other formats.

Cheers,
Sterling

--