[Omaha.pm] [OT] Subversion assistance...

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Mon Feb 16 11:39:00 PST 2009

On Feb 16, 2009, at 1:20 PM, Dan Linder wrote:
> Regarding the trunk/tags/branch (TTB) directories that show up
> within the subversion repository...  Should those be automatically
> created when I do the "svnadmin create", or should I be creating
> them myself manually?

Those are best practice, but they're not mandatory, so you add them
yourself.

(Usually "branches/" not "branch/".)

> 5: mkdir $TEMPDIR/{branches,tags,trunk}
> 6: svn add $TEMPDIR/{branches,tags,trunk}

"svn mkdir" is better -- does both of those in a single step. Do all
six in a single step, actually: "svn mkdir branches tags trunk; svn
commit"

"svn rmdir" will come in handy eventually.

Also, "svn mv" is magically delicious and should *always* be used
rather moving something yourself.

Other than that, looks fine to me.  :)

HTH,