[Omaha.pm] Help with File::Find

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Fri Nov 7 11:52:48 PST 2008

Mike Hostetler wrote:
> I'm sorry -- I didn't mean File::Find was bad--   I was referring to the
> script I have to refactor!!
>
> I've used File::Find before, actually, but I just need to get all the files
> so it was easy. I didn't really have to write a function that did any
> filtering on them.

Ahh. If the File::Find documentation could be better, that too would be
a chance to stage a violent overthrow of the current CPAN author(s) (if
any)...  -laugh-   (I'm just trying to incite some drama.)

I agree with Andy that you can't (shouldn't) *change* an established
module's interface, even if it looks clunky with 2008 eyeballs, but
there's no harm in adding helper methods to make hardish things easier
(internally using the same guts)...

Since I don't think I've ever used File::Find, I'll shut up now.  :)