[Omaha.pm] Help with File::Find

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 10:58:07 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Andy Lester <andy at petdance.com> wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Jay Hannah wrote:
>
>  On Nov 6, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Mike Hostetler wrote:
>>
>>> Very basic Perl functionality, yet the original author didn't understand
>>> some basic concepts of Perl.  Like how subroutines work, and the fact that
>>> not all variables need to be global.
>>>

> File::Find is one of the oldest modules, and shows its heritage.  You may
> not like the interface, but it's too late to change it now.
>
> If you'd like a file finder with a more modern interface, may I suggest
> File::Next?

I'm sorry -- I didn't mean File::Find was bad--   I was referring to the
script I have to refactor!!

I've used File::Find before, actually, but I just need to get all the files
so it was easy. I didn't really have to write a function that did any
filtering on them.

--
Mike Hostetler
http://mike.hostetlerhome.com/