[Omaha.pm] uuencode - C, Pascal, or Perl?

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu Sep 13 13:05:22 PDT 2007

Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
> Heh heh.  The C/Pascal versions must be implementing the uuencoding
> themselves, whereas Perl already has it built in.  Very handy.

Suckers.  :)

Pay no attention to the pack() behind the curtain! (Here there be
dragons. Deep black magic.)

> I remember the days of uuencode, but can't say I've ever needed to do it
> myself.  If I wanted to transfer a binary, I used ftp.

I'm not an X-Windows guy so when I'm sitting at my Mac or Win* client
ssh'd into *nix and a /\.(pdf|doc|png|vsd)/ file is sitting there I
usually just email it to myself then double click it on my local client.

uuencode ferret.png ferret.png | mail whatever at wherever.whatever