[Omaha.pm] BioPerl lab

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Sun Feb 26 12:04:23 PST 2006

(1) Kiran, have you seen this?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/projects/gbench/

What if we integrated primer group management into Genome Workbench instead of making it server-side and browser based? Would that be better? Worse?

I can't seem to get off the ground w/ Genome Workbench on my Mac OSX 10.3.9 (30m of effort). It installed fine, but I can't load any data into it. Maybe I have another reason to upgrade my OSX now? -grin-

(2) Here's the flow chart we were kicking around this morning:

http://omaha.pm.org/bioperl/bioperl-db-extend.graffle.pdf

(3) Some interesting UNO resources:

http://www.bioinformatics.unomaha.edu/

The "UNO NCBI Workshop Lecture Slides" are very cool under announcements and events.

Note to self: Check out the clickable bottom section of these web pages: Pre-generated .png's and image maps.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/sutils/ncgraph.fcgi?image=main&key=NCID_01_446894_service3_9005_1140973822&obj=ProtMap_17014&chrgi=17014&start=1&window_length=27771&total_length=29751&iscir=0