[Omaha.pm] Lightning Talks from UNO on Perl! :)

Robert raflists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 21:22:58 PST 2005

Hello all,

   I'm the instructor of CSCI 2850, "Programming on the Internet" (a
course title I've wanted to change for awhile, but the pain of the
paperwork involved has thwarted me from doing it :).  The course
covers Perl, Apache and CGI.  You can see the current slides for the
course at http://morpo.com/robert/uno/ under the "csci 2850" link.

   In the coming weeks I'd like to solicit some input on revamping
portions of the course.  I think the course is pretty good as is, but
it's time for me to seriously evaluate content in some areas.

   But, to the meat of this posting.  My students are going to be
giving a two-week series of 5-minute lightning talks on Tuesday,
November 29th and Tuesday, December 6th from 6:00 PM until 7:30 PM
each evening at the Peter Kiewit Institute at 68th and Pacific.

   Though they would probably prefer that I don't :), I'd like to
invite you to the talks.  I've attached a PDF (and if that doesn't
come through, I'll send along a plaintext version and post it to the
course website).

   Actually, we also have about three or four open talk slots if
anyone is interested in doing something on December 6th.  Just drop me
a line and let me know and we'll see what we can work out.

   I'm contemplating doing a "How I converted my 8 years of Outlook
e-mail to an non-proprietary format via Thunderbird and then used
Mail::Box::Manager and Mail::Message::Construct::Bounce to get them
all into GMail ... but I haven't quite had total success yet so ...
:)

   Thanks,
   -- b