[Omaha.pm] Lightning Talks from UNO on Perl! :)

Paul Duran pduran at microlnk.com
Mon Nov 21 02:00:59 PST 2005

Robert

is there any interest in LDAP?  As in Open LDAP?  Seems I was working on
this at one time and our developers didn't want anything to do with it.
The relational vs. hiarchial(sp) thing.  I could have been one of the
leading LDAP developers in the area if this thing took off.  Alot of
people were just too comfortable with SQL to change which I can't blame
them.  It seemed to tie into java and the way classes are represented.
just me ...

Also while at UNO we were harped on regarding using or not using global
variables.  I was a Chem student and we used basic.  It was riddled with
"goto" statements.  Ouch.  I tried my damndest to use "local" or even
"register" vars.  Some homework was given in PASCAL, and I insisted it
was compiled on thor using the p_to_c compiler.  Those were the days
(mid-90's).
Currently, I'm totally interested in PHP.

Hey, have fun

Paul

thanks
Paul