[Omaha.pm] pm lister

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Tue Aug 16 16:13:04 PDT 2005

On Aug 16, 2005, at 5:53 PM, Noel Leistad wrote:
> This is what I'm seeing, maybe I'm missing something after a
> frustrating
> day....
>
> #rpm -Uvh postgrey-1.21-0.noarch.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>          perl(BerkeleyDB) is needed by postgrey-1.21-0

> cpan> install BerkeleyDB
> BerkeleyDB is up to date.

Yikes. I never use rpm, so I'm not sure I'll be any help.

What OS are you on? Does your rpm have a more verbose output option?
Can it tell you exactly what files in what paths its looking for? Is
there more than one perl installed on the box? Perhaps "which perl"
shows one, but rpm is looking somewhere else?