[oak perl] Fwd: Oakland.pm - coordinator resignation

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Wed May 7 19:45:34 PDT 2008

hi quinn,

On Wednesday 07 May 2008 08:17, Quinn Weaver wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 11:02:54AM -0700, George Woolley wrote:
> > hi all,
> > thanks to all who have contributed to the group.
> > - george
>
> Sorry to hear this--thanks for all the good work.
thanks for the kind words.

> Just recently, I was planning to schedule some SanFrancisco.pm meetings in
> the East Bay.
sounds like a good idea.

> Will this list continue to exist?  If so, then I will post
> those here.
i don't know how long the list will exist.
pm.org may know.
pm.org has removed Oakland.pm from the list of active PM groups.

my guess is until after the pm census.
but it could disappear much sooner.

> In any case, I invite everyone on this list to join the SanFrancisco.pm
> list. You can do that at
> http://mail.pm.org/mailman/listinfo/sanfrancisco-pm .
that also sounds like a good idea.

i encourage
people to try out the SF.pm list
[and the SF.pm meetings too if practical]
and decide for yourself.

> Its traffic is much like this one's: low volume with occasional peaks into
> medium volume for certain conversations.  And it receives all SF.pm meeting
> announcements.  It's a good way to stay in touch with the greater Bay Area
> Perl community, which is huge.
my impression is there are more peaks
[than the Oakland.pm list has].
my impression is the list attracts more perl heavy weights.

> Thanks,
skoal,
george