[oak perl] Review of Regex Pocket Reference

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Thu Sep 13 19:08:45 PDT 2007

hi indra,
good to hear from you.

== modules
if the people who talked on modules want to speak briefly again,
we could have a review of modules people have found useful
at the december meeting.
i'm assuming you plan to come. Is that correct?

== meeting in fremont or sunnyvale
i quite understand your wanting a meeting closer to south bay.
i have three suggestions:
* revive siliconvalley.pm.
* start a .pm group in south bay [e.g. sunnyvale.pm].
* go to sf.pm meetings.
if you decide to start a .pm group in south bay,
i'd be glad to help get it started.
while members of oakland.pm typically live in east bay,
i think some others [besides yourself] do live in south bay.

so far oakland.pm has met in oakland, berkeley and alameda.
currently we meet in the rockridge part of oakland [very close to berkeley].
in the future, we'll likely meet in oakland or in adjacent cities.
if we met, even for just one meeting, in fremont or sunnyvale,
i probably wouldn't go myself.

== topics
thanks for the topic suggestions!
IMO, those are all good topics appropriate for the group.

currently we are only having meetings where:
* there is a specific reason to have the meeting.
* [and] there is the energy and will in the group to organize the meeting.
are you up for organizing a meeting on one of the topics you suggest?

i believe we've had two meetings on perl 6 and one on design patterns.
i have no objection to having meetings on any of the topics you suggest
[including perl 6].

i'm thinking you probably own a copy of perl best practices.
i mention this because i have a copy to give away.

i  thought of another possibility.
you are welcome to coordinate
a discussion of any of the topics you suggested
on this mailing list.

==
thanks again for your interesting post.
-george