[oak perl] Linux posters

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 12:18:26 PDT 2006

David Fetter <david at fetter.org> wrote:You're mistaken on many, many different counts here.  Every single one of them is what they call "sex positive" in the local jargon.  There's a giant difference between porn and its variants and the work place, where that stuff is totally inappropriate.  That the women I know who manage to stay in technology aren't thrilled about seeing yet another unimaginative objectification is not a giant surprise.  Just getting through engineering school and being out in the workplace is enough to cause a lot of them to have a pretty short fuse for this kind of nonsense.

Ah, yes, "sex positive", another cute Bay Area PC term, just as codified as the laundry list of PC approved sexual behavior that goes along with it. I wouldn't be surprised if Good Vibrations actually registers "sex positive" as a trademark. Talk about nonsense. You must be a big hit in Berkeley, David, you wield the jingoism quite readily.

Cheers,

Adrien