[oak perl] Introducing Shannon Prickett, a Perl monger.

Shannon Prickett stp at manjusri.org
Sat Feb 25 19:09:55 PST 2006

----- Forwarded message from binder -----

Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:23:21 -0800
To: oakland at pm.org
Subject: Introducing Shannon Prickett, a Perl monger.

Hello.  I've just joined the mailing list.  I've been using Perl
professionally for almost nine years, now.  I haven't had much cause
to write much of it lately, but I read about this group on Michael
Paoli's via:  http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/perl/

I live in El Cerrito, so it seemed likely I could reach any meeting
easily.  I'm hoping to find more reasons to write Perl when 6.0 is
released, with the all new engine.  Most of the Perl I've written has
been intended to do fulfill system administrator automation, though I
have done a larger OO piece to dynamically update packet forwarding in
iptables, and some shorter CGI scripts.

Last week, I managed to soak my copy of Learning Python with tea, which
I take to be a sign.  Either that I should get back to Perl, or convert
over to O'Reilly Safari subscription for my technical book reading, I
haven't yet decided what the omen portends.

=                     |        Ubuntu: Linux to all              Write a novel!
=   Shannon Prickett  |        www.ubuntulinux.com               www.nanowrimo.org
= binder at manjusri.org |
=                     | You're working under a slight handicap.  You happen to be human.

----- End forwarded message -----

=                        |           Ubuntu: Linux to all              Write a novel!
=                        |           www.ubuntulinux.com               www.nanowrimo.org
=    Shannon Prickett    |
= yeahright at noreally.net | "Those who will be able to conquer software will be able to conquer the
=                        |                                 world."
=                        |                -- Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.