[oak perl] CPAN problem...

Jon Seidel, CMC jseidel at edpci.com
Mon Sep 19 10:37:20 PDT 2005

Thanks, Mark... that did the trick!  I wonder why they gave it such a
non-standard name?

...jon

> Jon Seidel, CMC writes:
>
>> So, I do an:
>> 	cpan> i /Template::Toolkit/
>>
>>>No objects found of any type for argument /Template::Toolkit/
>
> Irritating, ain't it? Same confusion bit me some time back. Wading
> through the 716 items found by running
>
> 	cpan> i /template/
>
> is the following:
>
> 	Module    Template    (A/AB/ABW/Template-Toolkit-2.14.tar.gz)
>
> Sigh. So
>
> 	cpan> install Template
>
> installs the whole wad, giving you a ton of options along with many
> hundreds of files. Why isn't there at least some sort of placeholder
> under "Template::Toolkit"? Beats me.
>

> --
> <mtheo>
> producer / classics without walls
> the anti-warhorse zone / www.amural.com
> kusf 90.3fm / san francisco

      Connecting Business and Technology

Jon Seidel, CMC                   +1-510-530-6314
EDP Consulting, Inc.                www.edpci.com

CMC (Certified Management Consultant) is a certification mark awarded by
the Institute of Management Consultants USA and represents evidence of the
highest standards of consulting and adherence to the ethical canons of the
profession. Less than 1% of all consultants have achieved this level of
performance. See www.imcusa.org/hireacmc.acgi.