[oak perl] April Meeting + Request for Speakers

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Fri Mar 11 19:13:26 PST 2005

Currently, there is just one speaker signed up
for the April meeting.
We could use several more.
No talk is too short.

The one talk already scheduled
compares Perl/Python/Ruby.
The theme for the meeting is
"Dynamic Languages".
Even if you have an off-theme talk,
that would be helpful.
Let me know
if you can do some kind of talk.
George

cut & paste from
http://www.metaart.org/opug/
Next meeting

    * when: Tue. Apr. 12 at 7:30-9:30pm
      (on 2nd Tuesdays since Dec. 2002)
    * where: Connie's Cantina
      3340 Grand Ave., Oakland CA
    * directions: [link to] directions and ascii map
    * theme: Dynamic Languages
    * activities:
          o introductions
          o giveaways
          o talks on the theme
                + Stephen Kolupaev: Perl/Python/Ruby
                + ...
          o eat Mexican food
          o ...
    * who: open to anyone interested.
    * how much: no fee for our meetings.
      However, it would be kool if you got something to eat and/or drink.
    * RSVP: if you want to be sure to have a seat at the Oakland.pm table.

Definitions:
In this context":
* "Dynamic Language" means
a high level, dynamically typed language.
E.g. CommonLisp, Perl, Python, Ruby, Smalltalk
but not: C, C++, Java.
* "Dynamically typed" means type checking is mostly at run time.
Aside: Let me know if there is something amiss
in these definitions including the examples.