[oak perl] Meja er em Pumulu.

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Thu Mar 10 21:59:13 PST 2005

I agree with Mike's assessment that he had an unfair advantage.
I  would note, however, that
(1) Life is not always fair.
(2) There were some good reasons
that reflect well on him
why he had an unfair advantage.

Since I neither recall offering a $100 prize
nor find any record of my doing so,
I'll seek a different interpretation of Mike's post.

The only way I'm able to make sense out of the post
is to have "you" refer to Mike.
Unusual, but keep in mind, Mike uses Perl;
such people have strange psyches.
I'm not sure why he offered me a $100 prize.
But if he wishes instead to split it between Paul and Mark
that's fine with me.
They deserve it.

If you don't buy my interpretation of Mike's post,
I suggest reading the fine print
of the document that has to be signed to get the prize.
There are little details there such as agreeing
* to sacrifice your first born
* to turn over all your worldly posessions
  including (gasp) any gmail accounts you have