[oak perl] MIME::Lite question

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Thu Jun 2 01:17:23 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 08:14:49PM -0700, David Alban wrote:
> There was an acronym coined on one of the dc-sage lists a few years
> back by Jamie Flournoy:
>
>   NMD  (not my decision)
>
> It's *very* useful. :-)

For items like this, it can be quite handy.  Then again, I've had an
exciting working life so far: a lucky one some ways, so I haven't felt
much need to use it.  Usually, asking for a notarized record detailing
the circumstances and enumerating the objections I've raised is enough
to put the kibosh on this kind of nonsense.

Here's a quote I haven't use on a boss yet, but it's a good one to
keep handy, too:

    Most people, on listening to a string of nonsense, will tend to
    doubt their own sanity before they realize that the person who is
    jabbering at them is really the one with the damaged brain.
                                           Neal Stephenson, The Big U

> On 6/1/05, M. Lewis <cajun at cajuninc.com> wrote:
> > NOTE: It has been pointed out to me (off-list) that most folks don't
> > like HTML mail. I couldn't agree more. It's the person with the pointy
> > little head that I'm sending this for who against everything I said,
> > wants it done in HTML. Grrrrr...

> > M. Lewis wrote:
> > > I'm trying to use MIME::Lite to send out a mailing. The mailing is an
> > > HTML document ($content) with two images in it.
> > >
> > > The message is being sent as HTML, however the two images do not appear.
> > >   I've tried adding other attachments for the two images, but that just
> > > makes them appear as attachments (duh..) rather than in the HTML document.
> > >
> > > Obviously I have missed the boat here somewhere. Suggestions welcome.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mike
> > >

> > > $msg = MIME::Lite->new(
> > >      From     => "$from",
> > >      To       => "$recipient",
> > >      Subject  => "$subject",
> > >      Date     => `date`,
> > >      Type     => 'multipart/related',
> > > );
> > >
> > > $msg->attach(Type => 'text/html',
> > > Path => "$content");
> > >

> > --
> >
> >   IBM: Insulting Boorish Manner
> >   21:42:01 up 7 days,  3:59,  8 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.13, 0.10
> >
> >   Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org
> >

> --
> Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.

David Fetter david at fetter.org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!