[oak perl] MIME::Lite question

Michael Paoli mp at rawbw.com
Wed Jun 1 21:10:16 PDT 2005

There is MIME multipart/alternative.  Done well, though it still
comparatively wastes space/bandwidth, it may be less egregious.
But messing up MIME multipart/alternative tends to reflect rather poorly
on the sender and/or their software (spammers and malware often
intentionally misuse multipart/alternative, and some buggy software
also messes it up horribly - these aberrant behaviors can be quite
problematic/annoying for recipients).  Maybe someone on the list already
knows if there are modules, etc., that are particularly useful for
constructing MIME multipart/alternative.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2046.html