[oak perl] HTML::Embperl vs HTML::Mason

Patrick Killelea p at patrick.net
Mon Feb 14 14:10:24 PST 2005

Hello Perlmongers,
I'm about to start work on a new website and I need all the usual stuff:

    form handling
    session tracking
    page templates

 From a bit of research, I see I can do this with either HTML::Embperl,
which does sessions, or with Apache::Session + HTML::Mason (Mason
doesn't do sessions itself).

I did a quick Google search on each and see these hits:

24500 HTML::Embperl
52400 HTML::Mason

Maybe Mason is much more popular, but I really need the session tracking
for logins. Which do you think is better? Or is there some other
perl+Apache option for all this?

If you don't want to mail the list, you can just mail me personally at
p at patrick.net.

Thanks for any advice.

Patrick