[oak perl] Mastering Algorithms with Perl

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Thu Feb 10 10:33:43 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 10:12:14AM -0800, Kester Allen wrote:

> Good book.  I found it to be pretty useful for showing how to
> implement different algorithms in Perl.  Similarly to what David
> said, it didn't get me a very deep understanding of the algorithms
> involved--I'd classify it as a good companion to the Perl Cookbook,
> and a decent introduction to algorithms.

Not to say that a "deep understanding" is always--or even
often--required.  For a "deep understanding" (and a grand waste of
your valuable time) you can get Knuth's 3-volume set, "The Art of
Computer Programming," although you would probably be better off with
"Introduction to Algorithms" by Cormen, Rivest & Leiserson.  The
latter is also cheaper (~$80 new).

HTH :)

Cheers,
David Fetter david at fetter.org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!