[oak perl] Mastering Algorithms with Perl

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Thu Feb 10 09:30:19 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 09:20:25AM -0800, Michael Ruggiero wrote:
> Has anyone read/used "Mastering Algorithms with Perl"?
>
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/maperl/
>
> I don't come from an engineering background, and I'm interested in
> getting some more CS chops via my love for Perl.

I have a copy right here.  It's not bad, but studying algorithms on
their own is a very rarefied intellectual persuit.  Until, of course,
you discover that the one you're using for the task at hand is O(n!)
and you need one that's O(n) ;)

Cheers,
David Fetter david at fetter.org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!