[oak perl] Fwd: Apress Quarterly UG Newsletter--Please Distribute +

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Tue Dec 13 17:16:44 PST 2005

Subject: Apress Quarterly UG Newsletter--Please Distribute
Date: Tuesday 13 December 2005 3:33 pm
From: Apress Usergroup <janet at Apress.com>
Apress User Group Newsletter
Issue 4; Quarter 4, 2005
Sections:

1. Apress Affiliate Program-Make Money!
2. Ablog--The Apress Weblogs
3. Special Offers and Promotions
4. The Apress SuperIndex
5. Ajax--Check It Out
6.  The Latest Apress Books--Hot Off the Press
7.  Forthcoming Books--Winter Releases

***************************************

1. Apress Affiliate Program--Make Money!
We're pleased to introduce the Apress Affiliate Program, which benefits
 online communities, website owners, and bloggers who publicly recognize
 Apress books and help generate sales. The program credits affiliates who
 link to Apress eBooks a 10% commission on eBook sales when their visitors
 click through and purchase Apress eBooks. Setup is free and an account is
 easy to maintain. We'll supply affiliates with images or text links to place
 on their sites. Then at the beginning of every month, we'll send a check to
 each affiliate for the previous month's commissions. For more details and to
 set up an affiliate account, visit http://www.apress.com/affiliate/

***************************************

2. Ablog--The Apress Weblogs

Visit the new and improved Ablog to be a part of inside opinion and the
 latest industry talk. You'll find timely posts from Apress' own authors,
 editors, and readers. (And be sure to check out postings by Gary Cornell,
 Apress publisher and voice behind the creative  insightful "Gary's Eclectic
 Thoughts-From the Publisher.")

Apress is proud to provide this venue, combining authors, technologists,
 employees, and the publisher-all on one floor, thinking out loud and outside
 of the box. Ablog is RSS enabled and supports RSS1, RSS2, and Atom formats.
 Subscribe and stay current: http://blogs.apress.com/

***************************************

3. Special Offers and Promotions

A. eBooks:

1. We're offering a FREE companion eBook with the purchase of any of our
 selected .NET 2.0 titles. But only early adopters can take advantage of this
 opportunity-so hurry and buy your copy from your favorite bookseller. Then
 look for the URL and instructions on the back page of the book, to claim
 your free eBook version! http://www.apress.com/misc/promo.html

2. Sharing an eBook discount is now as easy as sending a postcard from our
 sister site, ASPToday.com-so keep in touch with a friend and receive a hefty
 total 60% savings off an eBook price. ASPToday.com is always filled with new
 and useful information for the Windows developer. For a limited time only,
 we're offering this discount off selected .NET 2.0 eBooks when you tell a
 friend. Visit ASPToday for details: http://www.ASPToday.com

B. Rebates:

You have less than a month left to take advantage of the Apress-Zend
 Certification Rebate! Apress has partnered with Zend, the PHP Company, to
 offer this fantastic rebate. Here's how it works: through the end of 2005,
 purchase a Zend certification voucher plus an Apress PHP title, and receive
 $25 back. For details and rules, please visit
 http://www.apress.com/promo/zend/

C. Bundles:

Interested in ADO.NET 2.0 interactive training? Keystone Learning features
 interactive instructor-based video training courses, taught by Apress author
 Sahil Malik. This is a one-stop package to learn ADO.NET 2.0.
 http://store.keystonelearning.com/ADOnet20.aspx?affiliate=131

Also check out Sahil's Apress book, "Pro ADO.NET 2.0" (ISBN: 1-59059-512-2).

***************************************

4. The Apress SuperIndex

If you've ever kicked yourself for not bookmarking that PDF or turning down
 the corner of the book with the awesome code, suffer no longer. We introduce
 the Apress SuperIndex, a search function that locates the keyword or code
 snippet you need to make your life easier.

With the SuperIndex, you can quickly search for specific sentences or lines
 of code within a book you already own or are interested in purchasing. Usage
 is limited by IP. Search now at http://superindex.apress.com.

***************************************

5. Ajax--Check It Out

Apress' ground-breaking new book, "Foundations of Ajax," has already taken a
 record number of developers into the new world of WebDev. But it doesn't
 stop there--we have three more books in the works for Web developers who
 want to catch the Ajax wave and ride it all the way to the bank as they
 impress clients with the coolest WebDev technology around. Check out what's
 new and on the horizon:

"Foundations of Ajax" (also available as an eBook)
By Ryan Asleson and Nathaniel T. Schutta
October 2005 | ISBN: 1-59059-582-3 | 296 pages | $39.99

"Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components"
By John Fallows and Jonas Jacobi
To publish February 2006 | ISBN: 1-59059-580-7 | 400 pages | $49.99

"Ajax Patterns and Best Practices"
By Christian Gross
To publish February 2006 | ISBN: 1-59059-616-1 | 400 pages | $44.99

"Foundations of Atlas: Rapid Ajax Development with ASP.NET 2.0"
By Laurence Moroney,
To publish April 2006 | ISBN:  1-59059-647-1 | 500 pages | $39.99

***************************************

6. The Latest Apress Books--Hot Off the Press

"Pro SQL Server 2005"
By Thomas Rizzo, Robin Dewson, Rob Walters, Joseph Sack, and Adam Machanic
October 2005 | ISBN: 1-59059-477-0 | 550 pages | $49.99

"The Definitive Guide to Building Java Robots"
By Scott Preston
November 2005 | ISBN: 1-59059-556-4 | 440 pages | $49.99

"Pro .NET 2.0 Code and Design Standards in C#"
By Mark Horner
November 2005 | ISBN: 1-59059-560-2 | 360 pages | $39.99

"Beginning Perl Web Development: From Novice to Professional"
By Steve Suehring
November 2005 | ISBN: 1-59059-531-9 | 376 pages | $39.99

"Running IPv6"
By Iljitsch van Beijnum
November 2005 | ISBN: 1-59059-527-0 | 288 pages | $44.99

"Dynamics AX: A Guide to Microsoft Axapta"
By Luis Mourao and David Weiner
October 2005 | ISBN: 1-59059-489-4 | 496 pages | $69.99

***************************************

7. Forthcoming Books--Winter Releases

"Microsoft SharePoint: Building Office 2003 Solutions, Second Edition"
By Scot P. Hillier
To publish December 2005 | ISBN: 1-59059-575-0 | 416 pages | $59.99

"Pro JSP 2, Fourth Edition"
Edited by Kevin Mukhar
To publish December 2005 | ISBN: 1-59059-513-0 | 650 pages | $49.99

"SQL Server 2005 T-SQL Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach"
By Joseph Sack
To publish December 2005 | ISBN: 1-59059-570-X | 768 pages | $59.99

"Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 IN C#: From Novice to Professional"
By Matthew MacDonald and Julian Templeman
To publish January 2006 | ISBN: 1-59059-572-6 | 1,100 pages | $49.99

"Beginning PHP and MySQL 5: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition"
By W. Jason Gilmore
To publish January 2006 | ISBN: 1-59059-552-1 | 900 pages | $44.99

"The Definitive Guide to ImageMagick"
By Michael Still
To publish December 2005 | ISBN: 1-59059-590-4 | 360 pages | $49.99

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Instead, e-mail info at apress.com and we'll
 reply to your query.

Apress - The Expert's Voice(TM)
2560 Ninth St, Suite 219