[oak perl] Help with Perl on Windows

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Mon Oct 25 18:24:23 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 13:24, Robert Kuropkat wrote:
> As an alternative to Komodo you might look at Eclipse:
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/

Near as I can tell eclipse is a set of libraries, or maybe a framework,
that people can use to build tools for building tools. Neat.

> http://e-p-i-c.sourceforge.net/
>
> I used this for quite awhile and was quite pleased with it.  I used the
> previous version so there where still some things being worked on, but
> even so, I considered it a winner.  In fact, the version I used did not
> have the integrated debugger working so I hooked in ptkdb.

This (and your recommendation, which deserves more than a long parenthetical
aside which mostly talks about itself rather than its topic but alas, that
is how this current joke goes!) is even neater. I may give this a play
before too long here.

Mmm. Not hacking ptkdb: priceless.
Belden