[oak perl] Re: Oakland subscription notification > Perl 6

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Mon Oct 11 02:25:37 CDT 2004

Steve & Kester & anyone else interested in a perl 6 meeting,
OK, I'll put discussing a Perl 6 meeting
on the agenda for Tuesday.
We can talk about when the meeting will be, etc.

If you don't make it to the meeting,
let me know as soon as you can
if you have inputs re such a meeting,  <<<<<<
especially if you are willing to speak (even briefly)
or if you have preferences concerning
when the meeting will be.

Note that Steve asked
if anyone wants to talk about Perl6's roles.
That could be a very interesting learning experience
for someone.
Anyone up for that? <<<<<<

Anyone up for talking about anything else
Perl 6 related. <<<<<<

George

Sure, I can talk about something. I guess talking about rules would make
sense; they're probably the thing I'm most looking forward to. I'll try
to stick to how you use them instead of how they're implemented,
especially since I haven't seen any more of the new implementation than
anyone else. :-)

Anyone want to talk about Perl6's roles? I keep hearing about them, but
have never figured out exactly what they are nor how they behave. It'd
be cool if someone did an hour or three of research into them and
reported on them at the meeting. (Easy for me to suggest, since I'm not
volunteering!)

Or if anyone checked out any of the Perl6:: modules, I'd be interested
in hearing about your experiences.

Hi George--

I haven't had a chance to read the essentials book yet or play with
Parrot, which I should definitely get going on :)  I've read a couple
of the Apocalypses and talked with some people at my last job about
it, and not much else.  At this point, I don't think I know enough to
talk about it beyone the two minute length, but I could probably get
up to speed by november or so.

--Kester

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 3:26 pm, you wrote:
> Hello, Oakland.pm!
> I'm interested in learning about new developments in Perl (especially
> Perl6), ...

Kester,
Have you had a chance to look at
the Essentials book on Perl 6 and Parrot
or to play with Parrot?

Would you like for us to have a meeting
with Perl 6 as the theme?
Would you be able to speak briefly*
on some aspect of Perl 6?
(* briefly = say 2-30 minutes)
Hey, longer is fine too,
but the longer it is, the more important it is
for me to know in advance roughly how long.

Hm, maybe Steve Fink could talk about Perl 6 rules,
or the current status of Perl 6 or something.
George

Steve,
Would you be willing to speak on something Perl 6 related?
You determine the subject, length, etc.
George

All,
Anyone interested much in Perl 6? (I, for sure, am.)
Anyone willing to say few words about some aspect of Perl 6?
George