[oak perl] Presentations given at this Tuesdays' Perl Mongers meeting.

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 16:49:00 CST 2004

I'd like to thank both Kester Allen and Steve Fink
for their excellent presentations at this Tuesday's
meeting. The meeting themes were "Perl 6 and Parrot."

Kester spoke about the new Perl6::Rules package. He
showed several examples of rule definition using the
package. His presentation and examples were very clear

and practical. It was very evident just how powerful
this new package is, especially for Perl programs that

employ a particular regular expression in more than
one
place. Conceptually, I think of Perl6::Rules as the
"Cascading Style Sheet of regular expressions."

Steve then followed with a talk starting with some
conceptual issues of Perl6::Rules, followed by a
discussion of Perl 6. Steve's presentation covered
Parrot a bit and the end.

Kester and Steve's presentations complimented each
other very well. I definitely plan on looking at
Perl6::Rules the next time I have the need to write
script employing regular expressions.

- Adrien