[oak perl] Discussion ideas...

Robert Kuropkat robert-kuropkat at comcast.net
Thu May 6 16:21:10 CDT 2004

So,

I am making a full on effort to catch up on, literally, several thousand emails that have backlogged
since the baby was born.  In going through the SF Perl Mongers email list, I noticed some recent, very
interesting activity...

1.  Matt Albright of the Bay XP (That's eXtreme Programming, not Windows XP) group
(http://www.jera.com/bayxp/) gave a talk on XP and PERL.
2.  Rich Morin "Modularity Through Frozen Data Structures"--more concretely, using YAML in a
large system
3.  Link for PERL and MVC (Model-View-Controller) patterns at:  http://www.mindgroove.org/
4.  SF Perl has been getting free pizza from Level Acuity Perl Programmer Staffing
(http://levelacuity.com/)  BTW, weren't we talking to a group awhile back that does computer training?
5.  Josh Berkus, "Database Dependence as a Design Strategy" and "PostgreSQL"

I know we are currently struggling to nail down another meeting location (we are going to give my place
a try), but these definatly look like some interesting topics.

Robert Kuropkat