[oak perl] The Nondeterministic Yodapproximator

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Fri Sep 12 12:24:09 CDT 2003

Tony Monroe wrote:
> [Re-sending my reply to the entire list, instead of just Belden.
> Stress, bad for the brain, you know.]

Combined with lack of sleep, one gets some pretty interesting
hallucinations. I daydream music when riding Greyhound...

> Meditate ye upon the words of Belden Lyman:
>
>>c'mon, show us the code! At a guess:
>>
>>	#fisher_yates shuffle is Cookbook recipe 4.17
>>	print join ' ', fisher_yates( split /([^'\w]+)/, $sentence ) ;
>>
>>Close? :)
>

> I wrote this before I knew about the Perl Cookbook, so it uses a
> custom algorithm.  If the algorithm resembles Fisher-Yates, it's
> entirely coincidental.

Oooh, you've whetted my appetite for that custom algo of yours...

 > And no, it doesn't use Parse::RecDescent.

Hmm, Parse::RecDescent::Yoda would be a fun project for learning
P::R. mumble mumble round tuit mumble mumble.

Belden