Fwd: [oak perl] Meeting Location Not Same [+correction]

Tony Monroe tmonroe+pm at nog.net
Mon Nov 10 15:36:13 CST 2003

Meditate ye upon the words of robert-kuropkat at comcast.net:

> btw, what's the parking situation there?

<snark>

From a theoretical web page that the city of Berkeley should probably
post:

    Cars are illegal in Berkeley.  If you need automobile access,
    consider parking in a neighboring community, such as Oakland,
    Gilroy, or Fresno.

</snark>

Typically, parking in Berkeley is questionable at best, even if you
are a resident.  As far as I can tell from when I was living there,
most of Berkeley's city budget comes from (and possibly goes to)
parking enforcement.  Josh, is this still mostly correct?

I advocate taking BART (North Berkeley appears closest) or public
transit, and walking the rest of the way.

-- tony