[oak perl] Looking Ahead: Bricolage Presentation

David Wheeler david at kineticode.com
Thu Jul 17 16:41:22 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 03:07  PM, robert-kuropkat at comcast.net
wrote:

> Aw, way cool!  I believe he talked to the SF-PM group a month or two
> ago and I
> was not able to attend.  I am really looking forward to this because I
> am
> looking for a content management system that will run on OS/2.  I was
> trying to
> get Zope/Plone to work, but it is problematic at the moment on OS/2.
> Besides,
> Zope/Plone is all that Python stuff... :)

I'm not sure if it'll run on OS/2. It doesn't run on Windoze. It
requires Apache 1.3.x with mod_perl statically compiled in, a
PostgreSQL 7.1 or later server (use 7.3.3, please!), and loads of CPAN
modules. Most likely it'll work if you can get those applications
working. It might require some patches for things like file and
directory stuff, but otherwise, it just might work.

Experiments welcome. Join the bricolage-devel mail list and let us know
how it goes!

   http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=34789

Regards,

David