[oak perl] Re: [sf-perl] print Dumper \$|;

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Thu Jan 16 12:32:44 CST 2003

Paul Makepeace wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 09:26:24AM -0800, Belden Lyman wrote:
>
> That's because you fiddled with it each time before you printed it :-)
> To wit,

> If you leave it unfettered it'll come back zero,

Ahh, you're saying that in regards to $|, I should just weaver alone.

> $ perl -MData::Dumper -e 'print Dumper \$|'
> $VAR1 = \'0';
> $
>
> I could've misunderstood the question a second time, in which case I'll
> just keep quiet from now :-)

I misunderstood your first answer. Too much wooley in my eyes,
perhaps. (ugh, can you believe I actually mailed that out?!)

At any rate, you've given me the answer of what an unflushed $| looks
like (yipee, 0), which re-enforces my idea that Tie::Boolean is doing
the right thing with false.

> Cheers,
> Paul
>
> PS Next post has to covertly use someone else's last name in it...

Couldn't quite fit in a Torkington or Cozens, alas.

Thanks Paul