[oak perl] SIG-beer-west this Saturday in San Francsico

David Alban extasia at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 15 19:20:41 CST 2003

Hey everybody.  This the much hyped sig-beer-west.  It's lots of fun.
We took December off, but had a record attendance (somewhere around
fifteen) in November.  I'd love to see all of you there... :-)

David

SIG-beer-west
Saturday, January 18, 2002 at 6:00pm
San Francisco, CA

Beer.   Mental stimulation.

   This event:
     * Saturday, 01/18/2003, 6:00pm, at the Toronado, San Francisco

   Coming events (third Saturdays):
     * Saturday, 02/15/2003, 6:00pm
     * Saturday, 03/15/2003, 6:00pm
     * Saturday, 04/19/2003, 6:00pm
     * Saturday, 05/17/2003, 6:00pm

   San  Francisco's  next  social  event for computer sysadmins and their
   friends,  sig-beer-west, will take place on Saturday, January 18, 2002
   at  the  [1]Toronado  in  San  Francisco,  CA.  The  Toronado  has  an
   impressive  selection  of  [2]draught and [3]bottled beer. Festivities
   will  start  at 6:00pm and continue until we've all left. The Toronado
   has  an excellent selection of beer, but no food. It is perfectly okay
   to score food from neighboring establishments and bring it back to the
   Toronado to eat. Also, after we are all full with beer we may roam off
   to a nearby restaurant.

        [1] http://www.toronado.com/
        [2] http://www.toronado.com/draft.htm
        [3] http://www.toronado.com/bottles.htm

   Everyone  is  welcome  at  this event. We mean it! Please feel free to
   forward  this  info  and to invite friends, co-workers, and others who
   might  enjoy  lifting a glass with interesting folks from all over the
   place. (O.K., you do have to be of legal drinking age to attend.)

   For directions to the Toronado, please use the [4]excellent directions
   at  their  website.  When you show up at the Toronado, you should look
   for  some  kind  of botched sig-beer-west sign. We will try to make it
   obvious who we are. :-)

        [4] http://www.toronado.com/map.htm

   Note:  Check the tables in the back room for us if you don't see us at
   the tables by the bar. The back room is back and to the left.

   Any  Comments, Questions, or Suggestions of Things to Do Later on That
   Evening ... email [5]Fiid or [6]David.

        [5] fiid AT fiid DOT net
        [6] extasia AT mindspring DOT com

sig-beer-west FAQ

   1.   Q: Your announcement says "computer sysadmins and their friends".
           How do I know if I'm a friend of a computer sysadmin?  I don't
           even know what one is.
        A: You're  a friend  of  a  computer sysadmin if you can find the
           sig-beer-west sign at this month's sig-beer-west event.

   2.   Q: I'm  not really a beer  person.  In  fact  I'm  interested  in
           hanging out, but not in drinking. Would I be welcome?
        A: Absolutely! The point is to enjoy each others' company. Please
           do join us.

   3.   Q: Is parking difficult around the  Toronado, like maybe I should
           factor this into my travel time?
        A: Yes.

   sig-beer-west was started when a couple Washington, D.C. based systems
   administrators  who  moved  to  the  San  Francisco Bay area wanted to
   continue  a  [7]dc-sage  tradition,  sig-beer,  which  is described in
   dc-sage web space as:

     SIG-beer, as in "Special Interest Group - Beer" ala ACM, or as in
     "send the BEER signal to that process".

   The original SIG-beer gathering takes place in Washington DC,
   usually on the first Saturday night of the month.

        [7] http://www.dc-sage.org/

   Last modified:  $Date: 2003/01/06 20:20:55 $

- --
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.
                                 ***
Come to sig-beer-west!  http://www.gerasimov.net/~alban/sig.beer.west.html
Unix sysadmin available:   http://www.gerasimov.net/~alban/