[oak perl] Fwd: State of the pm

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Tue Jan 7 20:30:51 CST 2003

This may be a duplicate message.
I'm resending it because I never received it back from the mailing list.

Subject: State of the pm
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:31:37 -0800
From: George Woolley <george at metaart.org>
To: oakland at mail.pm.org

State of the pm
============

Affiliations
----------------
O'Reilly User Group Program
Perl Mongers

Listings
---------
Website Listings:
   Ecovillage
   Perl Mongers North American List
   San Francisco.pm
Earlier we requested listings with:
   Berkeley.pm
   Linux Mafia
   SiliconValley.pm
The following don't have listings for related groups:
   Monterey.pm (not active)
   Sonoma.pm

Search Engine Listings:
Try +Oakland +"Perl Mongers".
I just tried (2003-01-06) on the 5 top search engines per my last evaluation
(i.e. on Google, Excite, AOL Search, Teoma and Alta Vista):
Our lowest position was 4.
Only Perl Mongers pages were ever listed earlier than our site.
(And we, of course, are listed on Perl Mongers.)

Mailing Lists
PBML messages:
      (some messages lost, I believe)
      late December 39

Note: not much activity recently, apparently due to the holidays.

Meetings
-----------
monthly meeting atendees:
      November  3
      December  9

regular meeting time: 2nd Tuesday at 7:30pm
regular meeting place: not yet determined.
      I have checked out a couple of places near where I live.
      But haven't found anything I'm ready to recommend.
      I'm continuing to look.

Next Meeting Plans:
talk by: Belden Lyman
lightning talks by: David Fetter, George Woolley, Mike Lewis and ???

February Meeting Plans:
talk by: Dan Meriwether

Website
      meetings
      reviews (added recently; want to add some actual reviews)
      acknowledgements
      contact info
      participants (want to add more profiles)
There are separate pages on:
      our membership in the O'Reilly User Group Program
           (added recently)
      related groups
There are separate directories for:
      directions
      meeting reports (added recently)
      O'Reilly User Group newsletters (added recently)

Finally
-------
Comments? Corrections?

    -- George