[oak perl] Perl Scripts for Your Linux Environment

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Fri Nov 29 14:17:14 CST 2002

All,
I believe that most of the people particpating in this group have
at least one Linux system at home.
(Mike, I believe, has nine!)

I'm wondering what Perl scripts you have acquired or written
that tailor your environment to your liking.
Someone else in the group might want to have
the same script or a similar script.
Or if you've written such a script, and there is interest,
perhaps you'd be willing to give a talk about it.

I think of four such scripts, I've written for my system.
The most interesting one (to me anyway) is
a script that generates aliases
to many (113 last time) of my directories
so I don't have to remember the paths to them.
It makes my life way easier.

By the way, if giving a talk seems intimidating,
how about giving a lightning talk,
which cannot be more than 5 minutes
and can be as short as you want.
    -- George