[oak perl] Another SFPUG

David Wheeler david at wheeler.net
Wed Nov 27 00:52:53 CST 2002

Hi All,

Good to see a few of you tonight. The new SFPUG I mentioned is neither
the San Francisco Perl Users Group nor the San Francisco Palm Users
Group. No, this is the San Francisco PostgreSQL Users Group!

They've had their inaugural meeting a couple of weeks ago, and the
second meeting will be on December 11th. If you're interested, join the
mail list by sending mail to majordomo at postgresql.org with the words
"subscribe sfpug" in the body of the message. I quote the latest
announcement:

> Next meeting:
>
> Wednesday, December 11th
> Zapatec HQ in North Berkeley
> 7:00PM
>
> Dror will provide directions and coordinate take-out, since it''s his
> office.
>
> Presentations:
> 	1. Dror will present the Zapatec framework
> 	2. I may/may not have a presentation based on a training session the
> previous
> day.

For those who were interested in the new OSS database I heard about,
it's called Firebird, and is a Fork from the Borland (formerly Inprise,
(formerly Borland)) InterBase database:

   http://firebird.sf.net/

Enjoy!

David