[oak perl] Ambassadors List

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Wed Nov 27 00:01:02 CST 2002

Everyone I've communicated to
on the earlier list of possible Ambassadors has accepted.
I haven't talked to Ken yet.
And Mike hasn't gotten back to me about Tia yet.
Here's the current list.
Other Bay Area Groups - Ken - ?
United States South - Mike Lewis - ACCEPTED

Corsica - Arden Schaeffer - ACCEPTED
France - Arden Schaeffer - ACCEPTED
Georgia - Tia - ?
New Zealand - George Woolley - ACCEPTED
Russia - Tia - ?
Taiwan - Belden Lyman - ACCEPTED

Central America - George Woolley - ACCEPTED
South America - Belden Lyman - ACCEPTED
\========================================================/
This leaves open many possibilities for new people,
and for other people in the group
who aren't ambassadors yet.

Here's a snipet about Ambassadors from an earlier post:
So what's an ambassador in this context?
I'm thinking of a (Perl) ambassador for our group as someone
who makes and/or strengthens connections with Perl groups/users
in the country or area they are ambassador to.
In my opinion, it's not essential they know much Perl.

And what's such an ambassador do?
This is largely up to you, i.e. the ambassador.
But I suppose make connections with at least some of the Perl groups
(or if there are no groups, with individual Perl users)
in your area or city.
Beyond that I don't know.
Whatever is enjoyable.
(And you define enjoyable.)