[HRPM] Perl switch statement

Jeff Duffy jeff at alanne.com
Sun Jan 21 13:03:09 CST 2001

Greetings;

 For those who might need it (I imagine that includes everyone), Damian
'The-Perl-community-pays-me-to-hack" Conway has released Switch-2.01,
a very nifty and very Perl implementation of the switch/case statement
found in many other languages.

http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Switch

 Highlights include:

- 18 different ways (!) to match a case statement, including lmatching
against iteral strings, regular expressions, hash key or value
existence (my favorite), subroutine output, and many more.

- Way flexible expression cascading (even forced fallthrough).

 This is a very nice way to clean up some of that code you have with
fourteen sequential elsif statements :)

 I'd be happy to cover this at a meeting, too.

Jeff

--
Errors have occurred.
We won't tell you where or why.