[HRPM] fouled up install

Christina chrisi at home.com
Thu Sep 28 20:27:34 CDT 2000

Lyman Byrd wrote:

> I am sure this is not the correct answer but no one has come forth yet.
> As a temporary measure have you tried either copying or moving the
> files into the directory that is in the path? How did you install 5.6?
> just some thoughts.
> Lyman

No, I haven't tried moving them.  I'd rather do it the "right" way.

Perl upgraded itself to 5.6.0 the first time I used CPAN to install
something (I think it was the DHCP client).  I don't think it even
asked me if I wanted it.  I don't know.  I had just monkeyed around
a bunch getting Linux to see my ethernet card when I used CPAN for
the first time, so maybe I didn't pay as much attention to all the
messages it was spitting out.

- C