[Nomads-pm] Safety of storing pricing information in a CGI::Session

Brian Wisti brianwisti at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 12:22:14 PST 2005

Hi Michael,

The security issue depends on how CGI::Session happens to be storing
sessions for your install. It might be using a database or a file, and
I've even seen a very silly person tweak it so it used cookies.
Basically, the safest thing to do is be suspicious of anything that
comes from outside your program.

On the other hand, why do you want to store the total price in the
first place? If it's because of performance concerns, then remember
that the CPU cost of IO is generally higher than the cost of
calculation for simple calculations such as price totals.

Kind Regards,

Brian Wisti
http://coolnamehere.com/

P.S. Oh, and "Hi everyone from a new member based in Seattle,
Washington, US" :-)