[Nh-pm] Introduction: Concord, NH

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Sep 12 18:24:28 CDT 2002

>Very, *very* cool!

Thanks!

>AmphetaDesk looks like it fits the bill *very* nicely!

Cool! If you play with it, I'll be uberInterested to hear what you think,
and any improvements. There's a huuuge TODO list, and I've got a few more
features to add before I call it a 1.0 product, but it's been out for
nearly 2 years now and is heartily stable.

>PS  In your install instructions, I think that you might want to add
>    that that AmphetaDesk depends upon Compress::Zlib

Actually, you can comment that out, if you wish <g>. I added it in because
I didn't want to recreate the binary packages when I actually did use
Compress::Zlib (for compressed, streaming updates), but I realized that I'm
going to have to anyways, as I'm adding Digest::MD5 in the next version
(for unique ids), and that's XS as well.

--
Morbus Iff ( i am the horrible hogglewart )
Tech: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/779 - articles and weblog