[Nh-pm] Excel

Ben Boulanger ben at blackavar.com
Thu Nov 21 10:05:26 CST 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Paul Lussier wrote:
> Could you provide some examples of things you've done with these
> modules?  I'm curious about how I might use them (now that I know
> about them, I actually might have a need looking for a solution :)

Sure - in one case, someone was incredibly dead set on using a spreadsheet
to track our IP space.  I convinced him to store it on the server and then
parsed it with a perl script to be displayed as a cgi.  I had intentions
to make the cgi interactive so that it would write back to the excel
sheet, but never got around to it.

In another case, I took ARIN's asn.txt file on a regular basis and
translated that into an excel sheet for a different project.  Mapping
things out for management and showing what locations had the most places
with more than one link.. that kind of thing.

It can be pretty invaluable.

--

Flies never visit an egg that has no crack.