[Nh-pm] Excel

Paul Lussier pll at lanminds.com
Thu Nov 21 09:59:54 CST 2002

In a message dated: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:56:44 EST
Ben Boulanger said:

>On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Black, Franklin wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how to read an excel spreadsheet?
>
>There's a great perl module that's helped me with this (and writing to
>them, for that matter)
>
>SpreadSheet::ParseExcel
>and
>SpreadSheet::WriteExcel
>
>http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/J/JM/JMCNAMARA/Spreadsheet-WriteExcel-0.39.tar.
>gz
>http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/K/KW/KWITKNR/Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.2602.tar.
>gz

Outstanding!  I had no idea these existed.  Of course, I seldom think
about excel, so I never had need to look.

Could you provide some examples of things you've done with these
modules?  I'm curious about how I might use them (now that I know
about them, I actually might have a need looking for a solution :)
--

Seeya,
Paul