[Neworleans-pm] Future meeting topic suggestion: rsnapshot

Simon Dorfman emaillists at simondorfman.com
Sun Mar 12 12:54:15 PST 2006

I've been meaning to set up rsnapshot on my home server to do routine
backups from my commercial shared server account.  If anyone else has been
meaning to do the same thing, let's do it together.

Here are my links on the subject:

rsnapshot (written entirely in Perl) is a filesystem snapshot utility for
making backups of local and remote systems. Using rsync and hard links, it
is possible to keep multiple, full backups instantly available. The disk
space required is just a little more than the space of one full backup, plus
incrementals.
    http://www.rsnapshot.org/

HOWTO
    http://www.rsnapshot.org/howto/1.2/rsnapshot-HOWTO.en.html