[Neworleans-pm] higher order perl

Brett D. Estrade estrabd at mailcan.com
Fri Oct 21 12:28:12 PDT 2005

I just got this book by Markus Jason Dominus in, and it looks very
interesting.  I am hoping to get the same amount of enlightenment that
Damian Conway's "Object Oriented Perl" gave me.  HOP focuses on the
functional programming aspect of Perl, and as the introduction says,
"...Perl is much better at being Perl than it is at being a slow version
at C" - which is how most people structure their Perl programs,
especially if you are traditionally a C programmer.

BTW, my favorite line of the whole book so far is "..it is said that a
good FORTRAN programmer can write FORTRAN programs in any language.."  I
work with FORTRAN programmers, and I had to laugh at how true this
is...really :)

Hope life is getting back to normal for you all.

Brett
--

~Sedit qui timuit ne non succederet~